Have you ever thrown a tapas party? A group of tastemakers from the Sunday Supper Movement and I will be sharing a fantastic variety of tapas foods, including desserts and beverages with all of you. Since this week’s theme was tapas, I thought of sharing this recipe for these Roasted Bell Pepper Goat Cheese Bites with all of you.
As you probably know, tapas is the Spanish term for appetizers, or small snacks. I don’t know about you, but I love the concept of having small bite-sized portions of food, especially when entertaining. As a guideline, if you are hosting a 1-2 hour cocktail tapas party, you should plan to serve 6-8 bites per person; whereas a tapas dinner party will require 12-15 bites per person.
Although the appetizers can be served warm or cold, I have a preference for cold. These Roasted Bell Pepper Goat Cheese Bites are truly the ultimate finger foods. Just like my Smoked Salmon Pinwheels and Lina’s Baked Eggplant Caponata these little gems can be prepared ahead of time, giving the host and hostess much more time to focus on family and friends.
Origin of the recipe for Roasted Bell Pepper Goat Cheese Bites :
I got the inspiration for this recipe for Roasted Bell Pepper Goat Cheese Bites from my 2008 Martha Stewart Living Magazine. The original recipe calls for scallions, but I like to use chives instead, since I always have so much of this wonderful herb in my garden. Martha’s recipe also calls for Piquillo peppers. I like to replace these with roasted bell peppers, mostly because of convenience. (At the end of summer, we like to take advantage of nature’s bounty by roasting red bell peppers. As a result, I always have some hanging around in my freezer. If you are not sure how to roast bell peppers, you can refer to this recipe for Marinated Roasted Bell Peppers.) If you wish, you can use Piquillo peppers.
There are a number of reasons why I love this recipe for Roasted Bell Pepper Goat Cheese Bites. For starters, it’s simple. The creamy goat cheese spread takes almost no time to put together, and nothing can be easier than roasting a bell pepper. The bites can be made a couple of hours before your guests arrive, so they are super convenient. And the number one reason I love these bites is, well, they are really, really good.
This recipe for these Roasted Bell Pepper Goat Cheese Bites provides such an explosion of flavor, it is almost impossible to stop at just one. The only thing left to do is to uncork that bottle of wine and enjoy a relaxing evening with friends, while savoring some tasty tapas. Have fun planning that tapas party!
- 100 grams (3½ oz) goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced mint
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 medium red peppers (roasted,peeled and deseeded)
- Chives and mint leaves for garnish.
- In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese, chives, mint, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Separate each roasted red bell pepper in 4 segments.
- Place about 1 teaspoon of the cheese mixture on each segment.
- Roll each pepper strip.
- Refrigerate the rolled up pepper quarters for up to a few hours before ready to serve.
- Cut each rolled up pepper quarter in half and plate.
- Garnish with chives and mint leaves.
Thanks for dropping by.
Ciao for now !
ONE FINAL THOUGHT ABOUT #SUNDAYSUPPER…
Every Sunday, there is a wonderful group of bloggers called the #SundaySupper tastemakers that collaborate together on a theme. As was mentioned, today’s theme was Spanish Tapas and I think you’ll agree the line-up of recipes is totally amazing!
I would like to thank the event host for this event Caroline of Caroline’s Cooking . Thanks Caroline!
Remember to join the Sunday Supper live chat at 7pm ET tonite as we talk tapas and share small plates LIVE from Tapa Toro Orlando. If ever visiting the beautiful region of Orlando be sure to visit Tapa Toro Orlando restaurant.
If you have a chance you should really check out these great recipes contributed by these wonderful food bloggers.
Buona Domenica e Buon Appetito!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement
Para Empezar, Las Tapas (Appetizers/tapas) –
- Apple, Chorizo, and Manchego Crostini by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Champiñones al Ajillo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chorizo and Sweet Potato Spanish Tortilla Bites by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Citrus & Fennel Marinated Olives by Go Epicurista
- Clams Casino Dip with Bacon by Girl Abroad
- Crab Enchilado Empanadas with Avocado Cream by Gourmet Everyday
- Deviled Eggs with Shrimp by Our Good Life
- Gambas al Ajillo (Garlic Shrimp) by Pook’s Pantry
- Garlicky Shrimp with Pancetta Olive Oil by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Gazpacho Cucumber Bites by A Mind Full Mom
- Gildas Picantes – Spicy Anchovy Olive Skewers by Food Lust People Love
- Herbed and Spiced Almonds by Get the Good Stuff!
- How to make Beef Sweet Sour Meatballs with Pineapple for #SundaySupper by Asian In America
- Manchego Cheese & Chorizo Bites with Saffron Alioli by Hardly A Goddess
- Margarita Ceviche by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pinchos Morunos (Spanish Pork Skewers) with Mojo Picon by Curious Cuisiniere
- Roasted Eggplant and Piquillo Pepper Toasts by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Roasted Red Peppers and Anchovies with Bruschetta by The Hungry Goddess
- Seared Scallops with Shredded Manchego and a Bleu Cheese Crumble by The Freshman Cook
- Serrano Ham & Goat Cheese Croquettes by My World Simplified
- Serrano Ham Bites with Melon and Cheese by Palatable Pastime
- Shrimp Romesco Bites by Cooking On The Ranch
- Smoked Sardine Crostini by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Spanish Garlic Shrimp by Life Tastes Good
- Tortilla de Camarones by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Tortilla Española by Monica’s Table
- White Wine Marinated Steak with Blue Cheese by Caroline’s Cooking
- Zanahorias Aliñadas (Spanish Marinated Carrots) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
Postres (Desserts) –
- Buñuelos de Viento by Dessert Geek
- Chocolate Orange Macarons by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Chocolate Toasts with Apricot Jam by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Churro Bites with Chocolate Sauce by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Churro Cupcakes by Pies and Plots
- Mini Vanilla Flans by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Dulce de Leche Cheesecakes by The Redhead Baker
Bebidas (Drinks) –
- Tinto de Verano ~ A Sangria alternative by An Appealing Plan
Plus Alcachofas al Ajillo – Garlicky Artichokes – and Spanish Tapas Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board