Did you hear? According to Punxsutawney Phil, there will be six more weeks of winter! Can’t hop on a plane and head to Florida, so might as well make the best of it. I have the perfect recipe for a Simple Easy Crustless Spinach Quiche which takes about twenty minutes of prep. With all that time you save making supper, why don’t you go out and build that snowman with the kids? Enjoy winter while it lasts!
There are so many reasons why I love this recipe. First of all, it’s easy. Sometimes, easy is good, especially after a long day at work, bad weather, and traffic. If you have frozen spinach, eggs, cheese and ONE onion, you can make this Simple Easy Crustless Spinach Quiche.
Second of all, it’s versatile. This is a basic recipe that can easily be altered to suit your specific tastes. For example, you can try incorporating sauteed mushrooms, smoked salmon, red peppers, sun dried tomatoes, anything you want! If you have some broccoli rabe, or even Swiss chard, you can use that too. Remember, we need to eat those green leafy vegetables, they’re good for you!
You can also use any combination of cheeses for this recipe. Gruyere, swiss, mozzarella, asiago, cheddar, feta, ricotta, low fat cottage cheese…all give different but wonderful results. You decide.
In this particular quiche, I combined 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella, 1 cup of cheddar and 1/2 cup of ricotta (homemade and well drained).
ORIGINS OF THE RECIPE FOR SIMPLE EASY CRUSTLESS SPINACH QUICHE:
I’ve adapted this recipe for a simple and easy crustless spinach quiche from one I found on allrecipes.com. It’s perfect for a no-fuss supper. Simple, quick and delicious. And the leftovers are great for those packed lunches.
Enjoy the quiche and have fun making that snowman!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 ounces fresh (washed) or frozen (thawed and drained) spinach
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups shredded cheese (see note)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- pinch nutmeg (optional)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- pinch pepper
- Spray a 10 inch pie plate with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Over medium-high heat, heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add garlic, stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add spinach and cook, stirring occasionally until mixture has lost its' moisture.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs, cheese, herbs and spices.
- Remove spinach mixture from heat and set aside to cool slightly for a few minutes.
- Combine cheese and spinach mixture.
- Pour mixture in prepared pie plate.
- Bake in oven for approximately 30-40 minutes or until mixture has set.
NEVER MISS A POST! BE SURE TO FOLLOW ON:
Thanks for dropping by,
Ciao for now!
2016.03.31 post has been updated