This Chocolate Pizza recipe is every pizza lover's dream.A savory pizza crust, smothered with chocolate, topped with fruit and drizzled with more chocolate.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- ½ pizza dough, ready to be stretched 250-275 grams of pizza dough; I use my mom's recipe.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 cups fruits cut up, variety of seasonal fruits
- ⅓-½ cup chocolate spread commercial or homemade, warmed up in the microwave
- extra chocolate for drizzling
- fresh mint for garnish
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
Brush about 1 teaspoon of room temperature butter at the bottom of a pizza pan. Don’t forget to also grease the sides.
Transfer the ball of dough to the pizza pan.
With lightly oiled fingertips, gently stretch out the pizza ball into a 10-12 inch circle.
Bake the pizza in the preheated oven (400 °F/200 °C) for about 15 minutes. Bake the crust until it is firm and the bottom turns a light golden brown.
When the pizza is ready. remove from the oven and place on a rack to cool off. This should take just a few minutes.
Then, spread a thin layer of chocolate spread (⅓-½ cup). The minimal residual heat from the pizza should make it easy to spread the chocolate.
With a pizza cutter, cut the pizza into 6 wedges, while still keeping its round shape.
Place cut up fruit over the chocolate glazed pizza.
If desired, drizzle with a little more chocolate and garnish with mint leaves.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information provided below is just a rough estimate and variations can occur depending on the specific ingredients used.
- Prep time DOES NOT include proofing time for the pizza dough. Please plan accordingly.
- Quantities for the ingredients are for 1 (10-12 inch) pizza.
- Do not over bake the pizza crust as it will crack when attempting to slice it.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 254mg | Potassium: 173mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 379IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 2mg