This Chocolate Pizza recipe is every pizza lover's dream.A savory crust, smothered with chocolate, topped with fruit and drizzled with more chocolate.
Servings 6 servings
- ½ pizza dough, ready to be stretched 250-275 grams of pizza dough; I use my mom's recipe.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 cups fruits cut up, variety of seasonal fruits
- ⅓-½ cup chocolate spread commercial or homemade, warmed up in the microwave
- extra chocolate for drizzling
- fresh mint for garnish
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
Brush about 1 teaspoon of room temperature butter at the bottom of a pan. Don’t forget to also grease the sides.
Transfer the ball of dough to the pan.
With lightly oiled fingertips, gently stretch out the ball into a 10-12 inch circle.
Bake in the preheated oven (400 °F/200 °C) for about 15 minutes. Bake the crust until it is firm and the bottom turns a light golden brown.
When it is ready. remove from the oven and place on a rack to cool off. This should take just a few minutes.
Then, spread a thin layer of chocolate spread (⅓-½ cup). The minimal residual heat from the crust should make it easy to spread the chocolate.
With a cutter, cut the crust into 6 wedges, while still keeping its round shape.
Place cut up fruit over the chocolate glazed crust.
If desired, drizzle with a little more chocolate and garnish with mint leaves.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information provided below is just a rough estimate and variations can occur depending on the specific ingredients used.
- Prep time DOES NOT include proofing time for the dough. Please plan accordingly.
- Quantities for the ingredients are for 1 (10-12 inch) pizza.
- Do not over bake the crust as it will crack when attempting to slice it.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 254mg | Potassium: 173mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 379IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 2mg