Grilled Vegetables Recipe
All you need is a simple marinade and a grill pan to make the best Grilled Vegetables Recipe. If you like easy side dishes, this recipe is for you!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 zucchini sliced round, ¼ inch thick, ends removed
- 1 summer squash sliced round, ¼ inch thick, ends removed
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons parsley Italian flat leaf, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra parsley for garnish
- extra sea salt to garnish
In a large mixing bowl, combine the sliced vegetables with the chopped parsley and the olive oil.
Allow the flavors to marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
Heat a ridged grill pan over medium high heat for about 3-5 minutes.
Place the vegetables in a single layer and grill for 3 minutes per side or until lightly charred. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Repeat until all vegetables are grilled.
Transfer vegetables to a large serving dish and garnish with fresh herbs, sea salt and a drizzle of olive oil, if desired.
Can be served hot or at room temperature.
Total prep time includes 1 hour of inactive time.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information provided below is just a rough estimate and variations can occur depending on the specific ingredients used.
- Slice them evenly. The thickness of the sliced veggies will determine the grilling time. Uniformity means they will cook in the same amount of time.
- Know the grill times. Expect grill times to be different. Zucchini and summer squash sliced ¼ inch thick need 2-3 minutes per side; eggplant requires about 3-4 minutes. Cherry tomatoes need about 3-4 minutes to become slightly charred.
- Use the proper amount oil. Use just enough olive oil so that the vegetables have a thin coating and grill perfectly. Avoid using too much as the final product will be greasy tasting; not enough and they will turn out dry.
- Preheat the grill pan. Preheating the pan ensures the heat is evenly distributed throughout the pan. This, in turn, allows for even grilling.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 371mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 741IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg