Once these oven roasted garlic brussel sprouts become caramelized, they will take on a mild nutty flavor. Are you willing to try?
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information provided below is just a rough estimate and variations can occur depending on the specific ingredients used.
- Dry properly. In order to obtain the crispiest Brussels sprouts, use clean tea towels to get that extra moisture out.
- Uniform size ensures even roasting. Leave the smaller ones intact; cut the medium one in half; cut the larger ones in quarters.
- Always preheat your oven. A hot oven is essential in achieving that crispy texture.
- Properly coat with oil. Use a bowl to combine all the ingredients together; ensure a thin layer of oil on all Brussels sprouts.
- Use different nuts. Replace pine nuts with almonds, walnuts, sesame seeds, or pecans. Endless possibilities.
- Use different toppings. If desired, replace grated Parmesan cheese with ricotta salata, feta or even blue cheese. Feel free to drizzle with balsamic vinegar or even lemon juice to get that flavor boost.
*inspired by a Martha Stewart recipe