Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Once these oven roasted garlic brussel sprouts become caramelized, they will take on a mild nutty flavor. Are you willing to try?
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh brussel sprouts
- 6 cloves of garlic minced or slivered
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Trim the ends and remove any discolored outer leafs.
Rinse and pat dry.
Cut sprouts in half and place in a large mixing bowl.
Toss with garlic, oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
Arrange cut side down on a large sheet pan and roast for about 15 minutes.
Turn over and cook for another 15 minutes.
Add pine nuts during last 5 minutes of cooking time.
Remove for oven, grate cheese over top and serve immediately.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information provided below is just a rough estimate and variations can occur depending on the specific ingredients used.
*inspired by a Martha Stewart recipe
- Dry properly. In order to obtain the crispiest Brussels sprouts, use clean tea towels to get that extra moisture out.
- Uniform size ensures even roasting. Leave the smaller ones intact; cut the medium one in half; cut the larger ones in quarters.
- Always preheat your oven. A hot oven is essential in achieving that crispy texture.
- Properly coat with oil. Use a bowl to combine all the ingredients together; ensure a thin layer of oil on all Brussels sprouts.
- Use different nuts. Replace pine nuts with almonds, walnuts, sesame seeds, or pecans. Endless possibilities.
- Use different toppings. If desired, replace grated Parmesan cheese with ricotta salata, feta or even blue cheese. Feel free to drizzle with balsamic vinegar or even lemon juice to get that flavor boost.
Serving: 4ounces | Calories: 151kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 92mg | Potassium: 486mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 910IU | Vitamin C: 97.4mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 2mg