Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Recipe
Do you enjoy quick and easy pasta recipes with few ingredients? This Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Recipe is perfect for an easy weeknight pasta supper. You will love the flavor and texture of this family pasta dinner.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 2 cups roasted red bell peppers chopped, or 8 medium red peppers (grilled and cleaned)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 onion Vidalia or yellow onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 roma tomatoes fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil fresh
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped, to garnish
- olive oil for drizzling finished pasta dish
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan (over medium-high heat).
Add the sliced onions and sauté until onions soften (reduce to medium heat).
Add the minced garlic and saute for about a minute or so.
Add the tomatoes, basil and black pepper (to taste). Saute until the tomatoes have started to break down. This should take about 5 minutes.
Add the sliced roasted red peppers and continue to saute.
Leave the sauce chunky or use a food processor to process to desired consistency.
Serve with favorite pasta. Garnish with parsley, a drizzle of olive oil and serve.
Please note the prep time does not included roasting the red peppers, please plan accordingly.
Nutritional information provided is only for the roasted red pepper sauce.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information provided below is just a rough estimate and variations can occur depending on the specific ingredients used.
- Roast the peppers up to 2 days before making this recipe.
- Use any short pasta shape for this thick sauce.
- Add the reserved pasta water to get the right consistency for the sauce.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 648mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 8080IU | Vitamin C: 316.1mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1.5mg