Creamy Celery Root and Fennel Slaw
Who knew celery root was so tasty, especially in this winter salad. For a real conversation starter try Creamy Celery Root and Fennel Slaw.
Prep Time 45 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon mustard Dijon
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon yogurt plain
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon parsley flat leaf, chopped
- 1 medium celery root thinly sliced, grated or in julienne form
- 1 medium fennel thinly sliced, grated or in julienne form
- 1 apple cut into thin strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds toasted
Whisk mustard, mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice and zest, and parsley.
Add celery root, fennel, and apple. Combine gently.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information provided below is just a rough estimate and variations can occur depending on the specific ingredients used.
*recipe lightly adapted from Epicurious
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 69kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 62mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 130IU | Vitamin C: 4.1mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 0.5mg