Grilled Watermelon Steak
This Grilled Watermelon Steak is the perfect recipe for a no fuss easy BBQ appetizer. The tangy cheese, paired with the balsamic reduction and aromatic basil provides a distinctive taste you will love!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 4 minutes
Total Time 14 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 4 slices watermelon rind on, about 1 inch thick (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 6-8 ounces Ricotta Salata or feta cheese 175 - 225 grams
- 2-3 tablespoons basil fresh, torn
- a few pinches of sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic reduction
- extra basil leaves for garnishing if desired
Heat grill pan on high heat.
Brush the sides of the watermelon lightly with the olive oil.
Once the grill pan is hot, sear each side of the watermelon for 1-2 minutes.
Place watermelon on serving dish and allow to cool slightly.
Crumble cheese over top of grilled watermelon.
Sprinkle with basil leaves and pinch of sea salt.
Drizzle each slice with balsamic reduction just before serving.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information provided below is just a rough estimate and variations can occur depending on the specific ingredients used.
*adapted from recipe found in Bon Appetit magazine
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 39mg | Potassium: 364mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 1870IU | Vitamin C: 23.2mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 0.8mg