Did you know that August is National Peach Month? In order to help you celebrate, I would like to suggest this recipe for Honey Almond Ricotta Stuffed Grilled Peaches!
A group of tastemakers from the Sunday Supper Movement will also be sharing a fantastic variety of recipes that can be made with peaches. So, settle in and be prepared to be amazed. So many mouth watering peach recipe links can be found at the bottom of this page, so be sure to check them out …would not want you to miss out! A big shout out to the event host Sue Lau of A Palatable Pastime. Thank you Sue!
I have to say that I had a hard time deciding what recipe to share with all of you. Although I have already been blogging for two-ish years, I realized I have yet to share a peach recipe with all of you! So I felt a tremendous responsibility to correct this situation, because, well, we are taking about peaches! Cue in this recipe for Honey Almond Ricotta Stuffed Grilled Peaches. 🙂
Whenever I think of peaches, I think of summer. Probably because the middle of summer is when this fruit is available. There will be many of you that will correctly assume that it is very hard to grow peaches in Quebec. (Most of the Canadian peaches will soon begin to arrive in the local markets (in Montreal) from the infamous Niagara region of Ontario). But despite our cold winters, my parents had a peach tree in their backyard… and not only that – those peaches were some of the best I had ever tasted! Admitted, I’ve never eaten a peach from Georgia (Since Georgia is known as the “Peach State”, I figure those peaches must really be great!), but let me tell you, I think those backyard peaches were as close to the perfect peach that you can get.
So, you might be wondering, what makes the perfect peach? Well, to start with, peaches that are picked too early do not ripen. Period. So, if the peach is too green and hard to the touch, it will never reach its optimum level of natural sweetness. So, when purchasing peaches, or picking them off a tree, look for peaches that are firm to the touch, but give in just a little bit. As the peaches ripen, they become sweeter and juicier. Another indicator of freshness is the smell. Make sure to breathe in from the stem side in order to get that “peachy” smell. Whatever you do, do not purchase peaches with wrinkly skin. This is a clear sign that the peach is drying out.
Origins of the recipe for Honey Almond Ricotta Stuffed Grilled Peaches:
I have been spending a lot of time on Pinterest lately and the pictures which always peak my curiosity are those with ricotta. I think most of you already know that I love ricotta. So much so that I make my own! I have included a video I recently made just in case you are interested. (I actually made a post entitled Creamy Homemade Fresh Ricotta Cheese). Don’t you just love ricotta?
Another favorite of mine is grilled fruit. I can’t put my finger on it, but there is something about grilling fruit that just elevates the whole taste experience! And so the combination of two of my favorites things, topped with a couple more best-loved foods (i.e. almonds, honey and Soft Amaretti), resulted in this healthy, easy and tasty recipe- Honey Almond Ricotta Stuffed Grilled Peaches.
What about you? Do you have a favorite recipe with peaches? I’d love to hear about it!
Honey Almond Ricotta Stuffed Grilled Peaches
- 4 peaches halved and pitted
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup ricotta homemade or store bought
- 1 teaspoon honey plus more for drizzling
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract clear
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds lightly toasted, sprinkled over the top
- 1-2 amaretti cookies crushed and sprinkled over tops of peaches
- honey for drizzling
- mint leaves for decorating
- Brush cut side of peaches with olive oil. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the filling. Set aside.
- Pre-heat grill to medium.
- Place peaches cut side down on greased grill.
- Close lid cover and grill until peaches have softened, approximately 6-10 minutes, depending on the size of the peaches.
- Place peach halves on serving plate.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of ricotta mixture in the cavity (can also use small scooper).
- Sprinkle with slivered almonds, crushed amaretti cookies and honey.
- Decorate with mint leaves.
- Serve immediately.
Amaretti cookies can be home made or storebought.
Slivered almonds can be lightly toasted in a frying pan for a few minutes.
Thanks for dropping by.
Ciao for now!
ONE FINAL THOUGHT ABOUT #SUNDAYSUPPER…
Every Sunday, there is a wonderful group of bloggers called the #SundaySupper tastemakers that collaborate together on a theme. As was mentioned, today’s theme was Peaches and I think you’ll agree the line-up of recipes is totally amazing!
I would like to thank the event host for this event Sue Lau of A Palatable Pastime. Thank you Sue!!
If you have a chance you should really check out these great recipes contributed by these wonderful food bloggers.
Buona Domenica e Buon Appetito!
- Bourbon & Peach Porkbelly Bites by Girl Abroad
- Grilled Peach Caprese with Blackberry Balsamic by The Crumby Cupcake
- How to Make Peach Gazpacho with Cucumber by Asian in America
- Peach Blueberry Burrata Quesadilla by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Peach Pancakes with Peach Maple Syrup by Magnolia Days
- Peaches and Cream Crepes by A Mind Full Mom
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie Bowl by Family Foodie
- Brandy Peach Lemonade by Nosh My Way
- Citrus Peach Sangria by Sunday Supper Movement
- Dairy-Free Strawberry Peach Smoothie by Cooking Chat
- Peach and Blueberry Wine Slushies by Cooking with Carlee
- Peach Ginger Bellini by kimchi MOM
- Trà Đào (Vietnamese Peach Tea) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ginger Peach Freezer Jam by Peaceful Cooking
Sides & Salads:
- Fresh Peach Cucumber Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Peach Panzanella Bread Salad by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Peach, Tomato and Mint Salad by Our Good Life
- Chicken, Peaches, and Arugula on a Focaccia Roll by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Peach & Basil Flatbread by My Life Cookbook
- Grilled Peaches and Shrimp Shish Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Peach Glazed Pork Chops and Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
- Pork Tacos with Grilled Peach Salsa by Baking Sense
- Roasted Flank Steak with Fresh Peach Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Any Fruit Custard Pie by Wholistic Woman
- Biscuit Topped Peach Cobbler by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peach Cobbler Minis by April Golightly
- Frozen Peach Cheesecake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Peach Apricot Crisp by Desserts Required
- Grilled Peach Melba by Hardly A Goddess
- No-Churn Peach Pie Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Peach and Pistachio Tart by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peach Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peach Honey Pecan Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Peach Willy by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Peach and Lime Sorbet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Peaches & Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Spiked Skillet Peach, Pecan and Blueberry Crumble by From Gate to Plate
- Streusel-Topped Peach Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Summer Fruit Pie by Pies and Plots