Back in November, I promised you an update to these very special cookies. I would like to introduce you to Italian Lemon Knot Cookies version 2.
The lemon knot cookies I made in November were fantastic, but I kept thinking that they had the potential to be so much better – and lo! Version 2!
I played with the ratios of ingredients a little bit. I think you will agree with me when I say that these tiny adjustments HUGELY change the appearance.
These cookies are very pale before they get glazed …
Doesn’t it look like a totally different cookie?
These lemon cookies have a really soft texture …
What do you think?
ORIGINS OF THE RECIPE FOR Italian Lemon Knot Cookies version 2:
Since this is the second version of these Italian Lemon Knot Cookies, you may already know that the original recipe was my Mom’s. You can read a little more about the original recipe by clicking on this link: Italian Lemon Knot Cookies.
If you like lemon cookies, I have Another Simple Italian Lemon Cookie Recipe that I think you are going to love. This one can be shaped into a twist!
I hope you like both recipes! Enjoy!!!
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the eggs until nice and frothy (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add sugar. Continue to whisk until well combined and slightly thickened..
- Add the oil, milk, extract, zest and juice of lemon. Combine well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture until well combined, dough will be soft.
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Position rack to middle.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop dough with medium sized cookie scoop and drop on a floured surface.
- Roll into a 4 inch strand about ½ inch in diameter.
- Shape into a concentric circle.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
- Glaze cookies before serving.
Thanks for dropping by.
Ciao for now!