This Easy Summer Berry Honey Whipped Ricotta Parfait recipe will quickly become a household favorite. With just a few key ingredients, you can make this no fuss, no bake, light and refreshing dessert.
It’s finally strawberry season! Is there anything better than biting into a freshly picked, farm fresh strawberry? The fragrance and flavors are truly irresistible. I don’t know about you, but I just can’t help myself.
Confession time… I get a little carried away whenever I go strawberry picking. I anxiously return home with baskets and baskets of strawberries to start my yearly ritual of making a few batches of this recipe for Homemade Strawberry Jam. These little jars make perfect hostess gifts.
When it comes to strawberries, this recipe for Simple Macerated Strawberries is another one of my favorites. I have already shared with you how delicious it is when served with this Traditional Italian Citrus Ring Cake.
Today, I am layering the macerated strawberries with whipped ricotta. The creamy texture of the ricotta is achieved without the addition of cream cheese nor whipped cream. Let me show you how easy this recipe comes together.
One of the key ingredients in this recipe is ricotta. Combine it with a few tablespoons of honey and yogurt; process the mixture until smooth and creamy. There are different ways you can achieve a creamy, whipped texture. You can use a handheld mixer, a handheld immersion blender or even a food processor.
My preferred method is a handheld immersion blender for small batches and a food processor for larger quantities (recipe can easily be doubled). Once you obtain a smooth and creamy texture, transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
While waiting, you can make the recipe for Simple Macerated Strawberries. Once you have combined the sliced strawberries with the honey, lemon zest and mint, leave the strawberries at room temperature for the flavors to meld together.
It’s now time to assemble and create this Easy Summer Berry Honey Whipped Ricotta Parfait!
Divide the ricotta and macerated strawberries among glasses (or serving dishes). Start by placing a couple of tablespoons at the bottom of each glass, spoon a few tablespoons of strawberries on top, don’t forget the syrup! Finally, top with another tablespoon or so of the whipped ricotta. Depending on the size of your glass, and the number of portions you need to make, you can increase the amount of layers. I will get anywhere from 4-6 portions depending on the size the glasses. If desired, garnish with fresh mint leaves and lemon zest.
I just love fruity desserts, especially in the summer where fresh local fruit is easily available. This recipe will provide you with a texture that is so creamy, that you won’t miss the extra calories and saturated fat provided by similar recipes that use cream cheese or whipped cream.
Origins of the recipe for Easy Summer Berry Honey Whipped Ricotta Parfait:
I have always enjoyed eating fresh fruit with ricotta. Thanks to Pinterest, I noticed that there were so many recipes that called for whipped ricotta. I was hooked from the moment I tried it. You will notice that I added a couple of tablespoons of creamy vanilla yogurt. Just in case you are wondering, I used IOGO yogurt (not sponsored). As far as the ricotta is concerned, I will often make a homemade version. But when I am pressed for time (which happens often in the summer) I like to use the TreStelle Brand (not sponsored).
Summer entertaining has just become a lot easier with this wonderful dessert. It is a delicious finish to any meal. Enjoy!
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (Tre Stelle traditional ricotta)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2-3 tablespoons creamy vanilla yogurt (IOGO creamy vanilla)
- 1 recipe for Simple Macerated Strawberries
- mint leaves and lemon zest (optional)
- Combine ricotta, honey and yogurt and process until smooth and creamy (can use hand held beater, hand blender or food processor).
- Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- While waiting, make the recipe for simple macerated strawberries.
- Divide ricotta and macerated strawberries among glasses (or serving dishes). Start by placing a couple of tablespoons at the bottom of each glass, spoon a few tablespoons of strawberries on top, and finally top with another tablespoon of ricotta.
- If desired, garnish with mint leaves and lemon zest.
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon mint, fresh, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 cups sliced (1/4 inch thick) strawberries
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, lemon juice, lemon zest and mint (if using).
- Gently combine with the sliced strawberries.
- Leave at room temperature for 15-30 minutes.
- Can be eaten as is or as a topping on ricotta, yogurt, ice cream, pancakes, crepes, angel food cake, etc...
NEVER MISS A POST! JOIN US ON:
BE SURE TO SIGN UP TO RECEIVE THE LATEST RECIPES BY E-MAIL:
Thanks for dropping by.
Ciao for now!