Easy Strawberry Arugula Salad allows you with the flexibility of replacing all the ingredients, except the strawberries & the secret ingredient, of course!
I call it a recipe, but seriously, you can easily eyeball all of the ingredients. Two big handfuls of arugula (if you are not a fan of arugula, you can substitute with spinach or just field greens); one small handful of toasted pine nuts (almond slivers, walnuts or even pecans will do nicely too); a few handfuls of strawberries (irreplaceable, especially the ones from Quebec) and a few leaves of the secret ingredient…….mint! The only thing left to make is a balsamic vinaigrette and you’re all set.
As soon as Quebec strawberries hit the markets this became my go-to salad. Naturally sweet, and the smell…just irrestible! I can never get enough. This Strawberry Arugula Salad takes all of 5 minutes to prepare. Perfect for a refreshing light lunch or even as an entree.
Origins of the recipe for Easy Strawberry Arugula Salad:
A few years ago, a friend of mine, Diane, had a pot-luck supper. One of the salads served was a strawberry and spinach salad. Since I love arugula and I have it growing in my backyard, I replaced the spinach with peppery arugula. The bitterness of the arugula and the sweetness of the strawberries contrast beautifully, and throwing in some refreshing mint complete the dish.
That’s it! There really is nothing more to say, except that I hope you enjoy this Easy Strawberry Arugula Salad!
Easy Strawberry Arugula Salad
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups arugula or spinach or field greens
- 1 cup strawberries sliced or quartered
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts or slivered almonds, walnuts, or pecans
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the vinaigrette.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine arugula, sliced strawberries and pine nuts.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss gently.
- Serve immediately.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information provided below is just a rough estimate and variations can occur depending on the specific ingredients used.
Thanks for dropping by.
Ciao for now!