Did you know that there is actually a World Nutella Day…and it’s today! In order to celebrate this happy occasion, I decided to make this simple braided nutella bread.
I am sure you’ve heard the saying “A picture is worth a thousand words”…well, enjoy!
Origins of the Recipe For Simple Braided Nutella Bread:
I used the recipe for Easy Mashed Potato Cinnamon Rolls and replaced the butter with 1/3 cup of nutella. That’s it. Super easy and really good.
You really cannot go wrong when Nutella is involved. How did you celebrate World Nutella Day?
Simple Braided Nutella Bread
- 4½ cups all purpose flour separated 1½ and 3 cups
- 2¼ teaspoons active dry yeast 8 grams
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup mashed potato cooked
- 1/3 cup butter cut up
- 1/4 cup sugar granulated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup Nutella slightly warmed in microwave
- In a large mixing bowl (of stand mixer) combine 1½ cups of flour with yeast. Set aside.
- Combine milk, potato, butter, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan. Heat on medium heat until butter starts to melt.
- Remove from heat.
- Add to flour mixture and mix on low speed for about one minute.
- Add eggs and continue beating until well incorporated (2-3 minutes).
- Switch to dough hook.
- Add the rest of the flour (3 cups) and mix for about 5 minutes until smooth and elastic. Alternately, you can knead by hand.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl. Make sure to turn dough in order to completely coat the dough with the grease.
- Let rise for about 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Punch dough.
- Turn it out on a lightly floured board and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling by combining the brown sugar, cinnamon and flour in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Roll out dough until you get an 18 x 12 inch rectangle.
- Spread softened Nutella on the dough and evenly sprinkle the filling mixture.
- Roll into a log, starting with the long side.
- Cut the roll lengthwise, in three. Start the incision 1 1/2 inches from the top.
- Start making a braid with the three strands. Tuck ends underneath braid.
- Place in prepared pan.
- Cover and let rise for about 30 minutes or until double in size.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly before slicing...if you can resist.
Thanks for dropping by.
Ciao for now!
2016.02.05 This post has been updated.