These Honey Cookies are quick, easy and delicious. A great cookie recipe with a nice cinnamon flavor. The only thing missing is a cup of tea… or coffee.
Do you like to make cookie recipes using honey?
If you do, you are going to love these.
Just like these whole wheat cookies, you will love the aroma as they are baking in the oven.
Here are some other reasons why I think you are just going to love this honey cookie recipe.
- They are super simple to make with ingredients you probably have in your pantry;
- They keep for a couple of days… if they last that long. These cinnamon cookies also freeze really well;
- These are great cookies to include in your holiday cookie platter, not to mention they are great for cookie exchanges!
- They make the best cookies for holiday gifting or even hostess gifts;
- Cinnamon and honey… need I say more?
- They come together easily and quickly -no need for a stand mixer.
Let me show you how in just thirty minutes you can be enjoying these wonderful cookies!
HOW TO MAKE Honey Cinnamon Cookies
We are going to need two mixing bowls.
In the first mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set it aside for now.
In another large bowl, whisk the eggs.
Add the sugar and continue to whisk until well combined and slightly thickened.
Whisk in the oil and the honey.
Finally, add the sifted dry ingredients and mix with wooden spoon until well combined.
Scoop dough with medium-sized cookie scooper and roll each into a smooth ball or in an elongated shape. Place on baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Continue to roll until all of the dough is used. You should be able to make about 3½ dozen cookies. Finally, brush cookies with egg wash.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Transfer to wire racks to cool completely and resist the temptation to eat more than one 🙂
It was a lazy Sunday afternoon. I was sitting in my backyard when I fell down the Pinterest rabbit hole… again. As soon as I saw these cookies, I knew I had to make them.
The simplicity of these Honey Cinnamon Cookies reminds me so much of some of the honey cookie recipes that I grew up with (such as these Italian Honey Biscotti). That was the initial attraction.
The original recipe can be found here. Although I love cinnamon, I decreased the amount… just a little bit. No other changes were required. These are truly fantastic cookies!
There is no denying the culinary influence of neighboring countries in Europe and Northern Africa. Did you know that during the middle ages, Sicily was once occupied by the Moors? As a result, Arabian sweets and exotic spices are extremely evident on this Mediterranean island.
And so on this particular Sunday afternoon, I find myself writing about these cookies, thirty minutes after I have made them.
I have returned to my backyard spot with a cup of coffee and a couple of these super simple honey cinnamon cookies.
- 4 - 4¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ - 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 3 eggs room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg yolk lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Position rack to middle.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and the cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Slowly add sugar. Continue to whisk until well combined and slightly thickened.
- Add the oil and the honey. Combine well.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients and mix with wooden spoon until well combined.
- Scoop dough with medium sized cookie scoop and roll into a smooth ball or in an elongated shape.
- Place on baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Continue to roll until all of the dough is used.
- Brush cookies with egg wash.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for a few days. Can also be frozen.