If ever you need a little something to tie you over until your next meal, I have the perfect solution! These 5 minute Cocoa Dusted Almonds will quickly become your go-to snack.
You won’t believe how convenient and easy it is to prepare this healthy snack!
Just 5 minutes…
How to make Cocoa Dusted Almonds:
The FIRST minute: Sift together cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
The SECOND minute: Measure the almonds and place in a medium bowl. Set aside.
The THIRD minute: Combine the honey and vanilla extract in a small saucepan and place over low heat. As the honey is heated, it becomes more “liquid”, and therefore it will be easier to coat the almonds with the mixture.
The FOURTH minute: Remove the honey mixture from the heat and pour over the almonds. Quickly stir together and combine.
The FIFTH minute: Quickly combine the honey coated almonds with the cocoa powder mixture and toss gently together until the almonds are dusted with cocoa.
Congratulations! You have just made your first batch of 5 minute Cocoa Dusted Almonds!
Personally, I find these almonds to be very addictive… thank goodness they’re healthy! As you’ve probably heard, almonds are truly nutritional powerhouses, providing you with some important anti-oxidants and nutrients. Almonds are also high in protein and fiber, which can contribute to reducing your overall daily food intake. This is always beneficial if you are trying to maintain a healthy weight. Be mindful of the portion size – a one ounce serving is equivalent to 23 nuts… so start counting 🙂
Here are other reasons to love these Cocoa Dusted Almonds:
- they make great snacks;
- they are a great addition to any buffet table;
- they make the perfect hostess gift (just put them in a jar and tie a pretty ribbon around it 🙂 )
Almonds are also extremely versatile: you can eat them raw or roasted, glazed in chocolate or dusted with a little cocoa powder… etc.! Blendarize them to make a smooth homemade almond butter, which can then be spread over apple slices or celery sticks to make a healthy after-school snack for the kids when they come running through the door.
Whether you are using them in baked goods, or to top off your savory dishes, they always provide the perfect finishing touch. Once you realize just how healthy almonds (and cocoa) are, you will find so many ways to incorporate them in your daily eats !
Origin of the recipe for 5 minute Cocoa Dusted Almonds:
Just recently, my husband returned from Costco with commercially packaged almonds dusted with cocoa powder (did I mention almonds are one of my obsessions?). I immediately thought to myself that a homemade version of that snack would be so much better. The inspiration for this recipe came from the California almonds website. If you are not familiar with this website, you should take a few minutes and take a peek at all the wonderful recipes they have. Not only are there great almond recipes available, but you will also find wonderful facts about almonds. For example, did you know that California produces 80 % of the world’s almonds? I think you’ll agree that that’s a lot of almonds! Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about almonds but were afraid to ask can be found at this website… just follow this link.
In a nutshell (sorry, I couldn’t resist 🙂 ) there are so many reasons to love almonds, and this recipe for these 5 minute Cocoa Dusted Almonds is just one of them!
Thanks for dropping by,
Ciao for now!
5 minute Cocoa Dusted Almonds
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch Himalayan sea salt
- 2 cups whole raw unsalted almonds
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift together cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Measure the almonds and place in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat honey and vanilla extract over low heat. (Alternately, use microwave to liquefy the honey). Stir together.
- Once the honey mixture has "thinned" out, remove the honey mixture from the heat and pour over the almonds. Quickly stir together and combine.
- Quickly combine the honey coated almonds with the cocoa powder mixture and toss gently together until the almonds are dusted with cocoa.
- Can be stored in an airtight jar or container.